How to become a Recognized Practician (RP)
We welcome and encourage you to become a Recognized Practician. Enjoy our community of energy care givers.
Practician’s Criteria For Achieving Recognized Practician Status
- Become a member of the Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network and maintain membership in good standing throughout the process.
- Send a letter of intention to become a Recognized Practician to the Practician Liaison.
- Successfully complete the Foundations Level 1, Transpersonal Healing Level 2, and The Inner Self Level 3 (Krieger-Kunz) with an Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network Recognized Teacher.
- Practice Therapeutic Touch® for at least one year following completion of the first 3 levels.
- Mentorship with a Recognized Practician or Recognized Teacher throughout the process to assist and deepen development along with helping to guide the student’s progress.
- Complete the “Practician Workbook” including the required number of case studies, required number of C.A.R.E.R. Notes, supervisions, reflections and recorded sessions as recipient.
- After one year, repeat Foundations Level 1 and Transpersonal Healing Level 2 with a different Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network Recognized Teacher(s). The guideline is to practice a minimum of 4 months between repeated levels.
- Agrees to follow the Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network guidelines for Therapeutic Touch developed by Dolores Krieger, PhD., RN, and Dora Kunz, and in a manner that upholds the reputation held by Therapeutic Touch throughout the world.
- Sign and abide by the Code of Ethics and Conduct as signed with the annual ATTN membership renewal.
- Participate regularly in a practice group (where possible) or use an internet platform eg. Zoom, with a Mentor for supervised sessions.
- Maintain a program of self-healing and personal growth.
- Consistently re-evaluate and improve Therapeutic Touch skills. Be aware of and continue to grow in regard to the optimal attributes and characteristics of a Recognized Practician.