Bertha Ellis Education Fund
The Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network (ATTN) adheres to the principles of energy exchange between individuals and our environment. We believe that our compassion and focus can make a difference. To this end, the Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network Board of Directors has allocated a percentage of the proceeds from certain fund raising activities to maintain and contribute to the Bertha Ellis Education Fund which was established by Evelyn MacKay in memory of Bertha Ellis. It is available to an Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network paid member of at least one year, who needs financial assistance, in order to participate in an Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network sponsored event, or renew their Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network membership.
The amount of money available for each year will be proposed by the Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network Treasurer as part of the Annual Budget reported to the Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network Board. This amount will then be reported at the Annual General Meeting and ratified by a vote of the Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network Board Members and those attending the Annual General Meeting.
- To support and maintain a strong fund to encourage the growth and continuity of a committed membership in ATTN.
- To support and encourage members to keep their Therapeutic Touch® education current.
- To financially assist individual ATTN members to enable them to participate in ATTN sponsored events.
- To financially assist individual ATTN members in maintaining their membership in ATTN.
- To provide ONE Therapeutic Touch related book to a new ATTN Practice Group for use by their members in their Practice Group Library.
Those members of Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network who are applying for a Bertha Ellis Education Fund will:
- Have been a paid member in good standing with the Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network for at least one year preceding the application.
- Submit the application at least three weeks prior to the event. In special circumstances this timeline may be waived.
- Include all relevant information.
- First time applicants will be given priority over previous recipients.
Note: The Bertha Ellis Education Fund is intended to assist an Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network Member financially. It is not intended to provide the entire amount of money for the upcoming Atlantic Therapeutic Touch Network Event or Workshop. It is expected that the applying member demonstrate their willingness to contribute to part of the fee for their own education.